6/11/04

Testing, Testing 1, 2

Trying to open another blog for my memoirs, and hoping I didn't mess this one up.

Yeah, Pistons!

I won't update the memoirs like I do my journal but I'm a glass is half full kinda gal so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at the very least, once a month. Positive feedback only!

God Bless Us.....ALL

History never looks like history when you are living through it. ~ John W. Gardner

 I sit in my living room, alone and watch history unfold on my television screen.

I look around at my surroundings and my mind does a quick flashback. Jennifer and Melissa weren't even born when Ronald Reagan took office.

How could it all have changed so drastically in just a few short years? It seems we've lost a moral fiber that used to bind us all together.

I reminisce in my mind about other catastrophic events I have watched through TV eyes.

I remember sitting by myself in this very spot and watching sortie after sortie fly in and out of camera view when the gulf war started.

Late one summer night in 1997, I was flicking through the channels when I learned of Princess Diana's death.

Then again on that bright clear day in September 2001, I watched with horror in my heart as America lost thousands of it's own.

And yet, when someone says, "God Bless America" I want to shout yes and Africa, Brazil, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, and this whole planet that He created.

Why am I so complacent?

What important and valuable things did I do during the Reagan years? What have I done to make a difference in others and my lives since 9/11?

What will I do tomorrow? If we could all learn to live by 2 Chronicles 7:14 and I don't think the ancient writers were just speaking to US citizens when they wrote, "If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Happy Birthday Jake

No comments: