10/4/04

It Might Seem Funny To You

A joy that's shared is a joy made double ~ English Proverb

Couple of funny/sad stories. I worked on Melissa's scrapbooks all day Sat and Sun. I've organized 100's of pictures and even have a few songs that I'm thinking of for her video montage. Any music suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm kinda old fashioned AND country so I know I'll need help!

Anyhow, as I'm going through her stacks of memorabilia I find a Father's Day card to Mark from her and Jen. Inside, in their childish cursive are these notes to their dad.
"Have a happy Father's Day, Daddy. I love you so much. Thanks for the stereo. Love, Jennifer
"Have a happy Father's Day, Daddy. I love you so much. Thanks for the slinky. Love Melissa

After laughing until we cried, Melissa and I began wondering if she was just trying to think of some recent gift that her dad had bought her so she could copy her sister's note, or if it was an actual form of abuse we imparted upon her. Gems.

 Next story is more sad than funny but here goes. OK, I don't usually work Monday's or Friday's but we have presentation to make to the city of Fruitport on Tuesday morning at 8:30am.

It involves a 15,000 square foot, 2-story, old fashioned, village-street concept building that I am designing. The city needs to see four elevations of the building, all colored renderings with landscaping, etc. I had about 6,792 copies started, testing out different markers, pencils, pine trees, lighting, clouds, the whole nine yards.

So today I'm finishing it up and have to have it to the copy place by 3pm to have it laminated. I'm hurrying around, and my neck hurts like a mother from sitting in the same position all day coloring, I gather up what I think are the 6,791 copies that are not the original, wad them up and jam them down in the trash. Ooops.

Let me just say that the staff at Ajax Imagining are geniuses. It looks great and I'll take the digital to work tomorrow to prove it to you. See what you're all going to have to suffer through, since you want me to update more often. How'd your day go?

No comments: