2/11/05

The Saga Continues

You can only be as happy as your saddest child ~ Unknown

I don't know. Sometimes I want to burst at the seams with pride and joy in the spectacular job I have done as a parent.

That's me being facetious, then I put myself in some sort of reality check hold, and I realize, I've failed miserably in lots of areas.

Actually when I look at their accomplishments and personalities, it doesn't have much to do with my parenting skills, and everything to do with their disposition, character, and creator.

So let me just beat up on myself for a blog or two. I'm not looking for a response, a pat on the back, or even a reprimand. Just an emo 50-ish, retrospective of how I would change things if I could do it all over.

My biggest regret...and I'm not sure you can even teach this....it's actually something you have to learn as you go through life's experiences, is that I feel I've neglected to show them how to be a good friend, how to communicate true feelings, and most importantly how to find love and acceptance inside themselves.

So now as I watch them go through some of life's constant problems, I WANT to interfere and FIX it all for them. "Ooops, sweetie, I forgot to teach you how to set boundaries, here let me build a retaining wall for you now. Uh-o, I didn't give you any steps for dealing with confrontations, do you need me to bitch slap anyone?. My bad, I totally skipped the appointment on communication skills, why don't you start a blog?"

But I can't interfere, I can't and I won't, mainly because I haven't figured it all out myself yet. If I had, you can bet I would meddle.

Anywho, this probably should remain a draft, but it won't. Besides who would read this if I just wrote, "Today I went to work, it was not fun. Then I came home and stuffed my face out of frustration. Then I got sick. Then I fell asleep on the couch in front of a mindless TV show. But it's the end of the week, so TGIF, BFF, TTYL, and just for the heck of it LOL."

Tomorrow I must teach Melissa how to cook.

No comments: