1/27/12

Election Results

I could argue my view until the cows come home to the grey barn farm, (like for example, doesn't it point to a flawed IRS system, as opposed to a "republican fiasco" when millionaires don't pay their fair share in taxes?)  

It is what it is.


But, is it what the blue states say it is? Or is it what the red states say it is? Is it what rebublicans say it is? Or is it what democrats say it is? Is it what Jake says it is? Or is it what Julee says it is? Is it what Newt or Mitt says it is?  Is it what the president says it is, or is it what congress says it is? Now this verse is taken horribly out of context, but yet ridicoulously spot on, no?

People will grab something on the right, but they will still be hungry. They will eat something on the left, but they will not be filled. Isaiah 9:20

I heard a sermon at Melissa and Spencer's church entitled "It is what it is. Or is it what God says it is. By Angela Hughes at The Point

So in the spirit of the intro to the Steven Curtis Chapman's "Heaven In The Real World" song I give you my one and only 2012 post on politics. 

"Where is the hope? I meet millions of people who feel demoralized by the decay around us. The hope that each of us has is not in who governs us, or what laws we pass, or what great things we do as a nation. Our hope is in the power of God working through the hearts of people. And that's where our hope is in this country. And that's where our hope is in this life." ~ Chuck Colson

So vote responsibly, vote early and vote often, but don't argue politics, people, tell everone what he has done and how great he is!


That's all she wrote folks. Selah.

At that time you will say: 
    "I praise you, Lord! 
       You were angry with me, 
    but you are not angry with me now! 
       You have comforted me.
  God is the one who saves me; 
       I will trust him and not be afraid. 
    The Lord, the Lord gives me strength and makes me sing. 
       He has saved me."
  You will receive your salvation with joy 
       as you would draw water from a well. 
  At that time you will say, 
    "Praise the Lord and worship him. 
       Tell everyone what he has done 
       and how great he is. 
  Sing praise to the Lord, because he has done great things. 
       Let all the world know what he has done.
 Shout and sing for joy, you people of Jerusalem, 
       because the Holy One of Israel does great things before your eyes.
Isaiah 13


No comments: