1/19/14

Yesterday, Today, Forever


This morning I'd like you to turn in your Bibles to Genesis and you will find a cacophony of errant wayward, and disobedient people. Yet, overpowering all the messes is a creative symphony of grace. 

Grace, grace, God's grace. Grace that is greater than all our sin.

I feel like I could preach today, and I may later on, but for now, along with 'Snowbird', this is the song that carries me through this Lord's day, January 19, 2014, and gives me hope for tomorrow.

Let's all stand together and sing all the verses, 

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!




Sharing today, even though it's Sunday with:

2 comments:

caryjo said...

God's grace is one of the main things we can ever count on. A blessing to see you again. Hope all is well for you and yours.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

My sermon Sunday was on grace.