2/8/04

Same Old Same Old

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once ~ Albert Einstein

Kind of a laid back sort of weekend. Nice. I couldn't even bring myself to go to the basketball game Friday night. I'm such a poor excuse for a fan.

Mark brought home a couple of movies, Secondhand Lions and Lost In Translation. The acting in Secondhand Lions was all over the place. The storytelling was acceptable, but I could have lived without the back-stories being reenacted. Lost In Translation was worthy of a nomination but not good enough to beat LOTR for the academy award. Neither one was "my kind of movie" but entertaining none the less.

Saturday was spent doing the mundane. The menu was meat loaf, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli with cheese, applesauce and frosted brownies, but no one was hungry at the same time. So it will remain the menu for the majority of the week.

Did my own laundry.

Got all the IRS papers together. Paid everybody's bills including running out to get a $100. Graphing calculator for the little princess.

I guess she was pretty happy for the guy’s octet at S & E contest. I don't know if happy is the right word, maybe more like jealous. From her description of the judges, director, and audience, there wasn't a dry eye in the place after they sang. Good for them!

The girl’s octet received a 1st rating, also, but I don't know if her heart is in the right place. Teenagers. The excitement builds, doesn’t it? The next weeks are going to start to fly. We will probably spend the rest of February weekends working on the set for Cinderella.

I know most of you are waiting with bated breath to here of some romantic caper for Valentine's Day. Not going to happen. When you are as crazy in love as we are, you don't need all the bling-bling. What?

No comments: