5/27/04

More To Do Than Can Ever Be Done

Sometimes I still want to type or write the year starting with a 19. It solidifies the surreal and pensive thoughts I've had of late about life and living it.

From the day we arrive on the planet, we are moving closer to leaving. Life is short. What a cliché, but yet I want to live like I actually believe that now.

The first thing I'm going to do is give up TV. I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing to gain from a mindless TV show, be it a sitcom or a reality show.

Come over to my house and I'll show you reality. Why oh why would I waste one of my precious hours watching a made up show. I can never get my hour back.

I can see certain people laughing right now with their "Oh-sure-you-have-tried-this-before-attitude". But this is something I HAVE to do. I have been complacently watching TV and tricking myself into thinking this was a form of relaxation.

There are stories to tell and books to write. There are legacies to leave. There are girlfriends to stay in touch with. There are books to read and orchestras to listen to. There are pictures to take and scrapbooks to compile. There are sunsets to catch and sunrises to beat. There are walks to take and vacations to plan. There are bicycles to ride, games to play, and gardens to plant. There are porches to sit on and wines to taste. There are recipes to try and relatives to visit. There are children to pray for and talks to have.

There's no turning back.

Here I go.

No comments: