6/1/04

Carousel Of Time

In creating, the only hard thing is to begin: a grass blade is no easier to make than an oak." ~ James Russell Lowell

The human mind (and soul) are complicated, to say the least. I have been trying to talk myself out of this funk for 1/2 year now. At first I blamed it on hormones, now, believe it or not, the latest culprit I have found to serve, as a basis for the blues, is creativity.

The keys on Jen's laptop have been smoking, sometimes before I even get down to the beach, I have to pull over to the side of the road to jot down a few ideas that have literally cannon-balled into my brain. Let's talk memoirs, and I use the term lightly, random memories have been forging their way onto hard disc space and I can't seem to type fast enough.

Still, as always, I find when I "have" to work, I can't do all the things I desire and at the same time accomplish all the things I "must," in a timely and acceptable fashion. I guess Saint Paul said it best in Romans 7:15, "I do not understand the things I do. I do not do what I want to do, and I do the things I don't want to do."

We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game

No comments: