6/11/05

I Pray You'll Be All Right

“Give all your worries to him, because He cares about you." I Peter 5:7

Hello, Good-bye
Bom dia, Boa noite
Sunrise, Sunset
Sometimes I bold face lie to my self. 
Monday morning, before the sun rises, and in the familiar performing arts parking lot, I tell myself that I will say good-bye to Melissa for her 2 and 1/2 week tour. In reality, I’m saying farewell to the dependent childhood era in my life. When she steps onto that bus that will whisk her away from childhood and give her the experience of a lifetime, I will surely try to be brave and stuff this hurt that has been gnawing away at my heart. Hopefully at some point this hideous empty feeling will grow dim and the joys of having all adult relationships with the children I birthed will outweigh these continual labor pains. 

Dear Lord,

The sun rises and sets in perfect motion. The seasons come and go and the trees obey your commands. The rivers continually flow to the sea. If a sparrow falls out of a tree you know and care. Even before they were formed in the womb you knew them. Surely you have already provided the safety, care, and concern, for your children that I so desperately seek every day. So I come to you now and am finally willing to bargain partner with you for the sake of my children. I’m going to claim your promises for my own, on behalf of this and all future separations. Psalm 55:22 says to give all my worries to you and you will take care of them. They’re yours. Psalm 56:3 says when I am afraid, I should trust in you, I am and I do. I certainly can’t be responsible for putting a guardian angel on every boat, plane, bus corner, and mini-van fender. I can not monitor every street corner, dorm/hotel room, and apartment building. The spans of home stays, cities, countries and continents is beyond my jurisdiction. My constant harping won’t keep all my children and tour participants making excellent and good choices for 2 & 1/2 weeks a lifetime. So God of all creation and designer of the universe, do your thing. Protect, guide, shepherd, and love. I am confident in you, because Isaiah 55:12 states that they will go out with joy and be led out in peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands. I can almost see the Amazon dancing and Corcovado Mountain singing already. Maio o Senhor bless o e mantem-no. Amen

No comments: