6/16/05

Update

Looks like we have a series
We could use the rain
I'm gonna call her.
I need a vacation.
I have to stop coveting...it's a ten commandment, for crying out loud.
People need to stop power tripping.
Note to evening tempuratures: stay at 50 F. or above
Did I mention that I have a white picket fence
Why does Frosty O have to be on the way to the beach
This font is called QuickType...didn't seem any faster
T.G.I.Th.
I do not feel the need to cook, even though the Open House's have dwindled
Obrigado, I'll be here all week

How am I doing? Thanks for asking.....I think I'm gonna make it....the staples show in the middle of the itinerary and my friend bought milk that expires after they return. Jen is home for a week and that helps with my denial. Baby Aidan has had his first trip to the ER and the prognosis is good. Suddenly the Pistons don't seem to matter. I got to spend Father's Day with my dad while Jen pranced around with a bow on her head all day, Ben called and said he would make Monday Father's Day, and the baby called from Brazil. Perfect. It won't always be this way, so I'm living out loud for now!

Tue - June 21, 2005
DEAR GOD, PLEASE

Our hope is in the Lord, He is our help, our shield to protect us. We rejoice in him, because we trust his holy name. Lord show your love to us as we put our hope in you. Do not be afraid. Be strong and courageous. Don't be frightened because the Lord your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you. Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Psalm 33:20-22 
Deuteronomy 31:6
Hebrews 13:8

If you read this and feel compelled, pray for baby Aidan. He's struggling with a heart condition called Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)...even the abbreviation sounds like too much of a label to put on the new little guy. Anything else I would have to vent or discuss on here seems trivial until we have some stable news.

Sat - June 25, 2005
JUST AS I AM



The baby is home from the hospital with a bit of medication and a stethoscope. I can't imagine what it's been like to sit and sleep in a chair by your helpless little two-week old. And I would also imagine the catch-up sleep at home will be intermittent, at best, for a while. But just think of the stories you'll have to tell. God bless. Can't wait to meet the tiny fighter. 

An era has ended. Billy Graham is preaching his last evangelistic crusade in New York City. His simple gospel message has disintegrated boundaries, reached the furtherest borders, and crossed all cultures. He preached without judging and spoke the truth without stepping on very many toes. He also walked his talk and lived on the side of a mountain and led a simplistic life. No mansions or mercedes. I believe faith has to be a journey and I was always convicted by his invitation to come to Jesus just as I am. I'm positive there are countless thousands who, when flicking through the channels, came to believe by just simply believing. No religious ceremony. No ritualistic mass. No confirmation or baptism. No manmade rules. Just as I am. Whoever will replace him?

I am enjoying a houseful of children and friends, once again. Jen set her goals high for vacation and spent time at the beach every day. She is excited to get back to camp, and is totally geeked for Melissa to get there and experience "Springhill" once again. Ben and a carload, including Annie, came in last night for a day and 1/2. Last year when they came it was go, go, go and do, do, do! This year, naps seem to be the activity of choice. Not sure if camp is ready for all three. The stories are starting to trickle in from Brazil and it sounds like just what we wished for them....the experience of a lifetime. 


Life is definitely taking a whole new direction. I'm somewhat apprehensive, but looking forward to what is around the next turn.

No comments: