6/5/05

Recorded Events

History Not Recorded Is Soon Forgotten

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." ~ Ayn Rand

I'm going to actually use this journal for its intended purpose, to record the events of the day and my feelings towards them. Someday, someone might actually care about this.

I am always one to do what I say I'm going to do, so this morning I got Mark to start the mower for me and I attempt the yard. In phases. Man, either I'm way out of shape or that is hard work. Don't answer that. While I'm out there and dirty, I do some more yard work, big mistake. Just like housework, too much yard work can kill you.

I come in and have a heart attack on the couch and then a nice nap. While tending my burn pile I decide to do a little sunbathing. 2nd mistake. I come in to clean up and catch the Cubs win and the Belmont Stakes, (is horse racing the only sport where they don't sing the national anthem?) only to learn that President Reagan has died.

Now I don't want to open a can of worms here....I feel like anyone who governs us can and will make mistakes, but c'mon, George W. Bush has some of the same political actions and policies as Reagan had and he gets crucified for doing the same things. (Defending against aggressive, totalitarian, dictators who murder their own and his attempts to get government off our backs and out of our pockets.)

You convince me that John Kerry will make me feel safer and take less of my paycheck and I'll consider voting for Ralph Nadar. Ok then, that was my day and my soapbox.

No comments: