8/10/05

Rant And Rave

Now that I have awakened from the coma I shall forever lovingly refer to as Hurricane Melissa, there are just a few topics that have become eminently clear in my mind. Therefore I blog.

Job ~ If I have to go, and I do, I will. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't. But I never seem to want to. Pretty sure that will never change even if the situation would. And it won't. My glass is half empty when it comes to work.

Money ~ I have tried to not let the almighty dollar become my god and rule every decision, or sneak into every conversation I have! An old ex-relative of mine used to answer the "I got it on sale" scenario with, "the whole world is on sale". So it didn't' surprise me when my common sense started rearing it's ugly head on this whole "motor home vacation idea." I'll betcha that thing goes through a gallon of gas faster than I can complain about all the SUV's that are passing us like we're standing still. 

Relatives ~ You can't live with 'em and that's a good thing, but I couldn't live without 'em, either. For starters: Ariel Janae. What a pleasant young woman you have turned into (not saying you weren't pleasant earlier, just saying). You have had a couple of curves thrown your way but have stayed positive and charming through it all. You and your mom brighten up a room by just walking into it, and it's not just cuz you both wear the cutest and funkiest clothes in W. Michigan...it goes much deeper than that. I hope you enjoy your h.s. years as much as my girls did, and good luck with trying to get a Mona Shores type POP's concert pulled together. We would sure enjoy coming to watch you perform much more than we're going to enjoy playing East in football this year. Remember to shine and always go towards the light.
Ang & Joel. Good morning! I cannot say enough about your quiet convictions and faith. If I wasn't such a wus, here I would go into great detail about the strength and determination you portrayed in delivering that baby naturally. And those same traits will turn into powerful parenting skills. They already have. I'm positive that you've passed the valium/prozac test and have come out victorious on the other side. I am so excited to see Aidan grow up in your physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally sturdy home. LiVeSTroNG. 
Mom & Dad ~ you both remind me of that silly Energizer bunny...you keep going and going! Whenever you describe a little ache or pain, the first thought that comes into my head is, "what? you're just now feeling that?" Your absolute unconditional love and support of our kids in everything has meant the world to Mark and I. As we peeked over our shoulders during the open house it was reassuring to see you interacting with grandkids, great-grand kids, friends, and acquaintances. In the midst of it all I don't think you missed one weed in the garden or one empty dish that needed refilling. I'm going to have to insist that after Monday's auction dust has settled...you finally take the break you so deserve and need.

Open Houses ~ Me proving to the world that not everyone stops taking pictures after the first baby.

Well as you can see by my list above the fun isn't over 'till the fat lady sings. No pun intended. I have a sunset to catch.

No comments: