11/29/11

Downloading The Days

As The World Turns
Days Of Our Lives
All My Children
Stories From The Grey Barn
Grey Barn Farm Journal
Julee's Journal
That's What I Thought.
Notes From The Porch.
Julee's Jambayla.
10.10.10
1.1.11
9.10.11
11.1.11
11.11.11
10.11.12
12.12.12
11.12.13
12.13.14

Where am I going with this?  I don't know.  I miss the kids.   I regret a few things, but am I brave enough to blog about them? No. It's a big 'ole house and I ramble around in it as my thoughts and dreams bounce from wall to floor and my questions echo in silence.  


The days go by. 


The good intentions sometimes sustain me, often not. I'm with Paul in Romans when he says, "For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." 


The years go by.


I don't want to be debbie downer. I know, too late, right? And can you tell, I'm working on my year-end slide show?  I should be happier. This damn praire weather has me in a funk. Am I alone?


Sometimes I wonder if we've missed something.  What exactly does it mean when it says,

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

  “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me."

"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you".

Sermon on the blog.


It's '11, soon to be '12 no time for small talk today. I'll probably be back tomorrow, hopefully uploading.


It's a journey all right.


2 Peter 3:7-9 "But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

No comments: