1/31/04

Journals And Gems

To laugh with others is one of life's great pleasures ~ Frank Tyger

Dream On. We went to see the movie "Miracle" tonight at a sneak preview. It's about the 1984 USA Olympic hockey team. Even though I knew the outcome I found myself cheering for those ragamuffin kids who gave the USA a much-needed miracle some twenty years ago.

It made me want to cheer on my own kids and anyone reading this. Go for your dreams. It is never too late to follow your heart. Put yourselves in situations to realize miracles. Snatch every opportunity that comes your way. Make plans to succeed. And in the words from one of my favorite Oscar snubbed movies this year, "Never give up, never give up, never give up, never give up."

I have heard my kids and their crews say, do, and film things that make most SNL skits look like amateur night at the local Knights of Columbus hall. By the way, what is a Knight of Columbus? Are there Knights of other towns, like say Cincinnati? Do they ride horses? And joust? I don't know. Some things just strike me as stupid funny.

Dream on guys, keep writing, sing, sing, sing, dance, dream, imagine, capture it on film, audition, cut a CD, live, love, and then dream some more. I am going to say I knew you all some day.

No comments: