2/19/04

Retirement

We should always be thankful for those who rekindle the inner spirit~ Albert Schweitzer

A colossal burden is melting away. And the crux of the matter is all I have to do is unbuckle a strap and it will fall off and evaporate, completely.

I still believe that I could write a book. I even have the title: “I Could Write A Book.” I have a fiction piece started because I believe I would step on toes if I wrote non-fiction. I just need to prioritize my time, which will be much easier after I unbuckle the strap.

I got a call from my dad this morning. He's home from Florida for a week and he might come up to Michigan for a snowmobile ride. My dad is closer to his 80's than his 70's and he thinks he needs to get a snowmobile ride in every winter. I'll bet my mom is looking forward to a little peace and quiet.

If I had to name the two people that have influenced me the most in life it would be, without a doubt, those two. I could list for days their character traits and they would be the first to mention their personality flaws. But since I write this journal and they don't here are a few reasons why they deserve all the happiness in the world.

They are faithful, loving, caring, concerned, servants, strong, secure, free from doubts and fears, trustworthy, courageous, moral, kind, and have a work ethic that is off the charts. God bless you, both.

No comments: