1/27/05

Shape Up

Someone forwarded these to me but since I don't "do" Windows or Fdw's I had to post them. I hope you enjoy ....then take a hike.

~Walking can add days to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000. per day.
~ I started walking five miles a day when I was 39. When I'm 60 my family won't know where the hell I am.
~I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.
~ I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
~The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
~If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
~And last but not least: I don't exercise because it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.


OK, I completely blew off yesterday. Mr. "What's for Dinner" has installed a computer voice that comes out of the sky on the hour and announces, "It's eleven o'clock" ....It's two o'clock.....

It's six o'clock???

 Thank goodness for my hair cut appointment at 6:15 that forced me out of the house. Since I feel somewhat out of shape and am looking for ways to get in to it, my smidgen of will power kicked in and I even stopped at the h.s. to walk. Thank-you to the kind stranger that jumped in my car and held a gun to my head until I finished 2 laps.

So today, I'm feeling confident and self assured. I cleaned out my closet. I went through every article of clothing and claimed my own from off of the mounded heap in the basement we lovingly call the laundry table. It was actually kind of fun, I played the 'ole garage sale game with my clothes. Give it away, throw it away, or put it away. Gotta love it. Right now I'm in the middle of trying to find a game to play with the bills.

So yeah, feeling strong, drinking raw eggs, pumping my fists, and hearing Rocky music in my head. And "It's only one o'clock!!!"

No comments: