1/25/05

That's What I Thought

Time it was and what a time it was
It was a time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago it must be,
I have a photograph, preserve your memories
They're all that's left you
~Simon and Garfunkel~


It's two for tuesday! Kinda like waffle cone wednesday, and yet, not.

Journal - Julee - it's a journal. Day by day recording of things that happen.

Last week we went to a Fury hockey game with the Wiseman's. I guess it was somewhat of a solace for not being able to watch the Red Wings. It worked a little bit. Crazy, somewhat mullet-less, fans. Staged player fights and someone in the booth playing appropriate fist pumping music, like when the other team started the fight, splicing in "Girls just wanna have fu-un." But it was no "Joe" and there were no octopi, and I couldn't for the life of me catch any strains of "We will, we will, rock you." But the company was fun, even our impromptu ice capades on the sub terrain wind tunnel called the parking lot. The Station was crammed (you'd think with all those chain restaurants out by the mall people would leave our little R.Park and N.Shores establishments alone) but we pulled strings and got in at Chili's for a sub-standard burger.

Speaking of leaving our little villages alone...WE DON'T WANT NO FLIPPIN WAL-MART. I don't care if I have to buy my toilet paper at Pic-n-Pac for $9.00 a roll. Hell no, I won't go. Say it with me now. Hell no, I won't go. Everybody, c'mon. Journal - Julee - it's a journal. Day by day recording of things that happen. It just so happens, that we done went and got rselves the secund largust Wolmurt in these gosh durn United States of Amurica. Dad gummit.


The week-end was relatively quiet compared to the last few months. I don't think we left the place until Sunday morning. Happy hour on Friday was small and personable, Kate, Melissa, and me. Melissa drank pepsi. More good times.

Time. It's so quiet, controlling, and scary. It waits for no one. I think I wrote this in a former life... you can have a Hummer in your garage but you can't buy a day with 25 hours in it. Melissa says it only goes fast after you've gone through it and look back upon it. But I think she is rethinking her views, somewhat. I skipped walking tonight. Just thought I'd confess, I hear it's good for the soul.

 OK, while I'm at it...I guess my "What's for Dinner" post ruffled a few feathers. I apologize, didn't mean to infer that the male species doesn't work hard, but I can see how that could have come across that way. I guess that's what it feels like to him when I ask, "How much was your paycheck this week?" I guess there are some things you just have to accept and God grant me the serenity.

But I tell you what, I'm not gonna sit still for this Wal-mart thing.

No comments: