5/27/05

Come What May


Family. Webster defines it as: All the people who live under one head and in one house. If that's the case I would have to disown Ben and Jennifer and I'm not willing to go that far. Daniel's secondary? description sits better with me: All the people who are descended from the same ancestor: a clan or tribe. And yet, as the circle of life keeps spinning forward and boyfriends and girlfriends turn into well let's just say it: wives/husbands, the secondary description kinda goes null and void. I heard a toast at a wedding recently when the patriarch grandfather said, "You two have incorporated two households and hundreds of people into one big family." I also heard this wise man's daughter say, "As long as my kids find someone that puts a smile on their face, I'm happy." Annie puts a smile on Ben's face, and everyone else whose life has been changed by just knowing her. I don't know her that well, yet, but I know her well enough to love everything about her. She is kind, funny, caring, relaxed, easy going, considerate, and thoughtful. We all fell madly in love instantly, the moment she touched our lives. I don't think Ben could ask for anything more. Actually Jen asked God long ago to bring someone strong and full of faith into his life. And in His perfect timing, in waltzed Annie, ready and willing to be that answer to prayer. All that does not minimize Ben's major life changing decision to leave Chicago and work at Springhill as his way of listening to what God had waiting in the wings for him. That must have been the hardest choice so far for him. And now he is using his God-given talents and skills to change lives. It warms my heart to just drive onto the grounds, see his office, read his scripts, and see how he interacts with his colleagues. I can't wait to sneak up into "club" this summer and see all of his hard work multiplying and capturing hearts. After all, I believe to this day, that it was in that very place that his heart was captured, first by God and then by Annie. 
And as she starts her 5th summer of serving full time I pray Jennifer receives the wishes of her heart that are promised to all in Psalm 37: 4 "Delight yourself in the Lord: And He will give you the desires of your heart." Even as I say this now I am convinced He already has. She wants to travel, she wants to sing, she wants to capture God's nature on film, and she wants to share His love! Hello? I do believe she's been granted all those things. Sometimes I stand in awe of her maturity emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. She is so strong and independent in so many areas of her life, and yet she remains patient, compassionate, tolerant, and sympathetic in her friendships and acquaintances. She deserves every good and perfect gift that comes her way. I am convinced that someone strong and full of faith (or ready to share her faith) will come into her life and put a smile on her face. 
Tonight I was just thinking of what hideously crazy, effortlessly funny, and endlessly talented kids make up this "family." I wanted you to know that I could not exist if it weren't for family. Somehow I always end up writing about Melissa on here, I guess cuz we live in one house. It doesn't mean that the rest of the tribe or clan is not always on my heart. You all make my world go round! I could not love you more! God Bless You!

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day.


P.S. Call me!

No comments: