7/16/05

Love Wins

Some new male actors to add to my list. Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson. I laughed out loud at Wedding Crashers almost continuously. I was skeptical at first, the back story all came within the first 15 minutes of the movie. I was worried as to how these two characters would become believable for the remaining ultimate crash. But soon I was wrapped up and soaking in their humor, dialogue, and comedic timing. They even managed to create somewhat of a story-line and though not on my list of favorites, a romantic comedy, none the less.

So we went to camp! I know now why (on closing day when they interview the campers) awesome is the adjective of choice. Sometimes when I go to update this journal I speak of the mundane, much ado about nothing really. And as you may or may not have noticed I can chit chat on here about a myriad of subjects. But then there are those times, I'm typing through the tears. I felt overwhelmed and so undeservingly blessed to get the opportunity to see and observe first hand what God is doing in my kids lives. So yeah, definitely blessed.

And now, to whom it may concern or apply, a back story:
Once, soon after I got my driver's license my mom and I were on a back country road. Up ahead we could see that some cows had escaped their electric fence and were meandering across the road. My mom, pretty adamantly, said "SLOW DOWN". I let off of the gas somewhat, but apparently that wasn't good enough for her. She then yelled, "JULEE I SAID TO SLOW DOWN!!!". I thought that would be a good time to actually start braking. Once again, I was having a hard time pleasing her...some of the cows were leisurely munching on the tall grass in the ditch...what were they gonna do walk right out into the middle of the----THUD. 
Moral of the story, Mama knows what she is talking about, always has the best interest of her child in mind, and is usually right.


I had someone come in to paint the bathroom. They finished tonight around 9:15pm. I am closing the gap on Melissa's scrapbooks. 2003 yet to go, and maybe a few Brazil pages. One more song to choreograph for the video. So the break tonight consisted of "Million Dollar Baby". Rent it.

No comments: